In this episode
Nate and Derek team up in episode 2 to talk about choosing content topics that will resonate with your target audience and ultimately grow your business.
In this episode, the conversation covers the many ways in which effective SEOs and content marketers think about topics that satisfy customers' needs and how they leverage algorithms and tools to help ensure those topics work together to increase rankings in the SERPs.
Key moments in the discussion:
- 1:45 - Effective starting points for choosing your initial content topics
- 4:44 - Topic research closer to your product/ICP vs from a keyword research tool
- 8:38 - How aligning on topic themes gives teams unity plus creative freedom
- 16:48 - How to think about building clusters of related content topics
- 22:11 - Interpreting Google Search Console data to inform content topic choices
- 27:05 - Organizing your website for like topics based on user experience
- 31:32 - How search intent is used to create the content someone is looking for
- 39:53 - Common pitfalls content team run into when selecting topics