In This Episode:
In episode 2, Nate and Kevin explore who owns the actual responsibility for ensuring that created content is distributed.
They cover a range of points worth considering, from the complications of bringing cross-functional teams together for distribution efforts to whether we'll soon see people whose entire job function is distribution and repurposing.
Key moments in the conversation:
- 1:02 - The organizational challenges of establishing who should own content distribution
- 5:12 - How do you bring cross-functional teams together to execute content distribution?
- 8:05 - Cross-functional efforts in content distribution need to operate on longer-term strategies
- 12:52 - How to approach substantial repurposing efforts to avoid workflow disruptions
- 17:56 - How we’re implementing content repurposing in our own marketing
- 20:32 - Content repurposing is not just cutting up existing content, it also means creating new content
- 22:20 - What roles often own content distribution at a company?
- 24:50 - Will a Content Distribution Manager become a dedicated role for companies moving forward?