In This Episode:
Nate and Kevin are back for episode 5 of the Content that Grows to talk about how teams can measure the effectiveness of their distribution efforts.
In this episode, they cover tools, forecasting distribution results, vanity metrics, and what measurements teams can use to validate their strategy is working.
Key moments in the conversation:
- 3:30 - A big challenge for measuring distribution results early on is interpreting underwhelming data
- 6:00 - Choosing the “best” tool for measuring distribution can be overwhelming
- 8:33 - Marketers thrive on well-understood, standardized metrics that ineffectively measure distribution
- 11:27 - Discussing the challenge of forecasting future results with content distribution
- 21:21 - Incorrect assumptions we see about measuring content distribution
- 23:34 - Rethinking the assumption that vanity metrics are useless
- 29:50 - Content distribution metrics that validate you’re doing the right things
- 32:43 - The importance of measuring impressions when evaluating content distribution